SAFECHR FIRST RESPONDER TRAININGS
I. Organized four one- three day Conferences on Human Trafficking in March 2015, May 2015, October 2015 and March 2016 Conferences.
1. Trained THIRTY FIVE HUNDRED (3500) First Responders who are clinicians, community advocates, physicians, nurses, SANE Nurses, social workers, psychologists, massage therapists, police officers, prosecutors, attorneys, child welfare workers.
2. Hosted first ever SYMPOSIUM ON SAFE HOUSE PROGRAMS BEST PRACTICES on March 12, 2016 in Florida.
3. Identified 5 best practices for SAFE House Programs for human trafficking victims.
II. Developed the SAFESCHOOLS: STAND UP! SPEAK UP! Resiliency and Strength based Curriculum in April 2015.
1. THIRTY ONE High schoolers identified themselves as being approached.
2. FIFTEEN School Counselors and Guidance Counselors/Curriculum developers trained from Indiana, Illinois and Florida
3. Mayor of Michigan City declared October 1 as the “Human Trafficking Awareness Day”
III. YOUTH MENTAL HEALTH FIRST AID INSTRUCTOR TRAININGS:
January 9-13, 2016: Hosted and Trained 30 INSTRUCTORS in Youth Mental Health First Aid under Federal SAMHSA Grant.
March 2016: Instructors trained 18 First Responders to identify youth at high-risk for mental illness in their communities.
IV. Developed the C-SAFE Village Program for SAFE VIllages in the US.
1. Plan to house and heal 100 youth who have been trafficked in the US.