SAFECHR is a volunteer based, clinician led and survivor empowered grassroots organization that was formed in 2013 and registered in March 2014 after a group of survivors’ felt their voices were unheard during a panel presentation in 2013. The goal is to ensure that their voices are heard throughout the globe. Realizing the need for survivors to be the driving force in all that we do in combating human trafficking a paradigm shift was created in 2013 and is reflected in all our programs. Since then, SAFECHR has hosted four conferences at the national level and formed partnerships with organizations around the country to assist victims of human trafficking with placement, treatment, and rehabilitation. In this country we have between 100,000 to 300,000 victims and barely 2000 beds available creating enormous difficulties with placement and rehabilitation. The treatment program will be the implementation of a C-SAFE IRIS Program run by clinicians with long histories of program development experience and in working with CSEC victims, survivors - assisted by victim advocates.
There are 4 Ps in human trafficking: Prevention, Protection, Prosecution, and Partnerships. We leave prosecution to law enforcement and support their efforts.
SAFE VILLAGE Philosophy: (C-SAFE: Clinician-Survivor Advanced Freedom & Empowerment)
- SAFESCHOOLS Program. An elementary, middle and high school resiliency development program for youth for prevention and protection. A pilot study conducted in October 2014 revealed that ALL 31 high schoolers from a quiet and low crime Michigan City area reported they had been approached in various ways.
- SAFECHR Global Conferences: National conferences held three times a year to increase awareness in the general public, teach and train in-depth skills for those in the field of human trafficking. Over 5000 people have received our training.
- PROTECTION: The C-SAFE Program: Evidence based techniques, trauma informed support for trafficked victims. The Protocol from Initial rescue/intervention to rehabilitation has been developed.
- PARTNERSHIPS: SAFECHR is a registered provider with the Indiana Law Enforcement Academy for trainings for law enforcement in Indiana. SAFECHR has partnerships with local, state, federal, national and international organizations. Our conferences feature the FBI, local Sheriff's Departments, hospitals, agencies, Homeland Security personnel, and victim advocates. We also have provided CLEs, CEUs, CNEs in these conferences. We have partnerships with the Florida Coalition Against Trafficking, The Indiana Regional Task Force, FBI, DHS, Investigations, and Sheriff's Depts, Shelters, and SAFE houses .
The SAFE Coalition C-SAFE Village
- Plan: The goal is to raise $26 million for each SAFE Village
- Finance/Budget: Sources include State Children and Family Services, Federal and local grants, and private donors
RECENT PAST CONFERENCE